Bow jewelry

23:04

Lately, I was really enjoying making my own jewelry. I like any kind of chain jewelry, rings, bracelets and many more. I've tried to make this bow design out of regular clay and it was a pain in the a**. Fortunately, I "discovered" art store and modelling clay.



For this jewelry design I had in mind some pastel colors, so I picked peach and mint modelling clay. Each was around 1,60€. In my opinion it's very cheap, since you can make a lot out of it.



Bow design

To make a bow I took a small peace of clay and rolled it into a ball. Then I rolled it into cylinder. I can't find a better word for this shape. But you know what I mean - a long stick. Each end I thinned out a bit, so that it won't stick out in the back. Then I used a glass jar to roll over and flatten it.


Then I rolled each end together. I turned the model around and with a knife draw on two lines to represent the crease of the bow. After that I just squeezed the model in the middle.


I took another small peace of clay, rolled it into a ball, then a stick and flattened it. I rolled it over the middle part of the bow. And that is it. Then all I did was baked it in the oven as it was instructed on the clay.


Really simple design and easy to make. After that I played around with the clay. Created some multicolor bows and some other things. You can see below, that I went a bit overboard. When I start something I just can't stop :). It was so much fun doing it. Just a small advice long nails and clay - not the best match. Make sure that you won't stick your nails into designs.



When my designs cooled down I went on to decorating them. I used nail polishes to create glitter on bows and made them shiny with clear top coat. I added chains, studs, beads and many more.



I incorporated bow designs into making bow bracelets, bow rings, bow key chain and bow necklace.  Wow...what didn't I do? Oh yeah, earrings: )).

Bow bracelets
 
 


Bow rings
 


Bow key chain
 


Bow necklace

I also did a fox ring, because I once saw some in the stores and really wished it, but it was way too expensive. So, I did my own inspired one :).



Have you ever tried making your own jewelry? Would you wear any of my designs?



You Might Also Like

10 komentarji

  1. Ravno odkrila tvoj blog in je super! Ti sledim :)
    Pa ful lepo! Se že en čas spravljam spet ustvarjat nakit pa se mi pozimi nič ni dalo. Mogoče bom zdaj bolj produktivna :)

    Deja Zu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala:) Samo začet moraš znova, potem itak ne boš mogla nehat, hehe:)

      Delete
  2. Your nails look great by the way!
    Great posts!
    V xx

    Check out my new blog:
    http://bellavoguebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly i'm your new follower - I love your blog wall paper - just what I like to see - lots of glitter!! Secondly I'm loving all that bow jewellery mega cute! Look forward to keeping up with your posts lovely. Laura xxx A Scottish Lass

    ReplyDelete
  4. super luštkano, sploh tele pentljice, bi nosila tako ogrlico kot zapestnico in prstane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So preveč sladke, da bi se jim uprl;)

      Delete