Review: Pai Camellia & Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser

Hey Beauties!

As promised here is a review of one of the products that I purchased on Ecco Verde. If you want to know more about that you can read it here.



Za vse, ki želite mnenje v slovenščini, si lahko preberete moje mnenje o izdelku tukaj

While browsing through the online store I couldn't help but not noticed Pai. This is a brand that formulates products with sensitive and allergy-prone skin in mind. Perfect for me! Their slogan is Pai organic solutions for sensitive skin. The product that stood out to me was the Dual Action Facial Cleanser & Eye Make-up Remover. 

It says: Pai Camellia & Rose Hydrating Cleansing Cream gently removes dirt, make-up and other impurities that build on the skin throughout the day. Bursting with Omega 3 and Vitamins A, B & E, it replenishes the skin's moisture barrier, leaving it soft and supple. Suitable for all sensitive skin types, the Pai Hydrating Cleanser is detergent and alcohol-free, so won't dry out or irritate skin. It is designed for use around the eyes to remove even waterproof mascara.

Here you can see the ingredients list, which is impressing in my opinion. Especially when you go to the drugstore and look at those ingredients lists, this one seems to be a breath of fresh air. 


Now what do I think about it? I think it's amazing. Especially for my sensitive a-lot-of-times irritated skin. Most of cleansers irritate my skin and leave red spots on my face. Sometimes accompanied by itchiness. This cleanser didn't do any of that. 

The product comes in a plastic tube with a pump system. Very hygienic. One pump is enough for the entire face. The texture seems to be a mixture of a cream and a foam. Something in between. But once you start putting it on a damp skin it becomes very slippery or even greasy. Not like butters, but pretty greasy, which of course helps with the cleansing a lot. After you take it of with a muslin cloth or water it leaves on your skin a really nice moisturizing layer. And I'm not thalking anything greasy, like my Balea Med does - which I have figured out since using this one, but just a layer that gives your skin back the moisture. The skin doesn't feel dry or tight at all. I love the feeling of it. I also love the smell. I can't explain what it smells of, but it's very light almost soothing smell. It reminds me of a sweet chamomile.


Now as far as makeup removing capabilities goes I kind of don't entirely agree with Pai. I have tried to remove my eye makeup and it did a brilliant job with the Maybelline Color Tattoo, however not the same with mascara. I personally can't imagine using a cleanser to remove my eye makeup, because I am so used to using Bioderma or any kind of water for that.  As far as waterproof makeup goes, I haven't tried, because I don't wear waterproof makeup. Now foundations... I tried removing my foundation with it, but not the best. The lines around my nose or in between brows, that's where the foundations got stuck and I couldn't remove it. What I am saying is, a light coverage makeup might go away with just using this cleanser, however anything heavier I wouldn't recommend. I was surprised that while putting it on my eyes it did not irritate my eyes at all. Thumbs up for that!

I use this cleanser in the morning and in the evening after removing my makeup. And for that it is brilliant. I find that it soothes my skin and I never get any red spots. I swear my skin feels less irritated since using all of the products combined, which I have purchased on Ecco Verde. 

I got a 50 ml version, but you can get also 100 and 200 ml. 50 ml version costs 17.99 €. Not the cheap cleanser, but worth it if you really struggle to find something for sensitive skin. I would also recommend this to anyone with dry skin. I think it would be perfect for those, because dry skin can also be irritated because of the dryness. 

I'll admit it is more expensive product from what I usually use, but if I can invest in a good hair mask, I'll probably be investing in this too, since my skin is a bit demanding and it's hard to find a product that works. 

Have you tried any of the Pai skin products? Do you like this brand?

8 comments

  1. Hmm sicer mi ni preveč všeč to, da ne odstranjuje makeupa kot obljublja, ampak se vseeno sliši kot dober dodatek k rutini čiščenja obraza :) Sicer pa je fajn to, da je tak nežna, da ne iritira ali zateguje :) Mogoče preizkusim v bližnji prihodnosti :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meni je itak vseeno to za makeup, ker za to še vedno najraje uporabim Balea Med mleko. Drugače pa je res super za mojo ubogo kožo:)

      Delete
  2. Oh Pai!<3 Tole čistilo imam na wishlisti že čisto predolgo! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe:) Mogoče pa se boš zdaj lažje odločila zanj:) Je kar primeren za te hladne dni:)

      Delete
  3. Sliši se super, sploh ker imam sama precej suho kožo. Tudi jaz uporabljam Biodermo za odstranjevanje makeupa, tako da bi ga verjetno uporabljala tako kot ti. :D

    Sandra - The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No moja je pa bolj mešana, ampak deluje super zanjo:) Verjetno bi bila za suho kožo še bolj primerna:)

      Delete