Au Naturel nails

12:15

Hey Beauties!

I've been researching nail and makeup trends for spring and summer 2014. In the nails section I've seen a lot of au naturel nail trends and I have to say, I like it. My nails have been horrible lately and I had to shorten them quite a bit. In order to give them a little break from all the crazy colors, I decided to share with you how I tried to recreate this au naturel trend, my way. 


I could start by giving my nails a nice bath, but since I did that one manicure before, I skipped it. Next is of course creating the shape of nails with a little help of nail file. I like mine to be straight, but rounded on the edges. 


Before applying any nail polish, I like to take nail polish remover and go over my nails in order to clean any sort of grease. I find that doing this step helps me to prolong the wear of my nail polish.


This is a really fun step. I used Alessandro Pro White Effect Nail Polish, which is a little blue toned. That neutralizes the yellowness of the nails, which can be the result of too much usage of nail polishes. I know my nails are pretty yellow most times. Applying this nail polish makes them instantly white. Like a teeth whitener, this is nail whitener. See the difference below.




After that I decided to apply a very light nude nail polish. I put on two coats. The Revlon nail polish in 005 Sheer Blush is extremely fair color, almost a bit transparent with just a little flush of nude yellowish color. 



Finished with Essie Good to Go top coat and done!


Do you ever wear your nails au naturel?

You Might Also Like

16 komentarji

  1. Ti fotki z rožico sta res lepi. :)
    Nude nohte nosim res zelo zelo redko, pa če jih že, samo kot podlago za nail art. Obožujem barve, what can I say. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaz tudi:) Zdaj pa mi je bila sprememba dobrodošla. Pa tudi nisem imela izbire, ker imam res grozno stanje nohtov:)

      Delete
  2. You have super nice nails. I wish I had the same :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) They're actually really split:/

      Delete
  3. Wooow, to pa je razlika kako ti pobeli nohte Alessandro lakec :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wau super lepe nohte imaš!<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lepi nohtkiii :)) uni lakec ti ji res lepo pobeli. :) Nisem nosila nude odtenkov že ful dolgo časa, mogoče moram mal spremenit in si jih nabarvat u nude odtenek :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, res super lak za beljenje. Malo spremembe je vedno fajn, sploh če si dolgo navajen na nekaj:)

      Delete
  6. No joke these look like gel nails, super pretty. I used to wear nail polish religiously but then would never be without as my nails where turning yellow underneath. After giving them a breather for around two weeks they are now in a noticeably better condition and I happy to wear them naked.
    Becka | This Is My World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks:) I believe you. Maybe I should do that too. Sometimes I wonder if my nails are this bad, just because of too much nail polish:) Good for you ;)

      Delete
  7. Hudo, mi je lepo na tebi videt, sama pa nisem prepričana če bi to nosila.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ful lepo zgleda, res maš lepe nohtke.

    ReplyDelete