Review: La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo + (Plus)

Hey Beauties!

I was invited to attend the presentation of new La Roche-Posay product. Unfortunately, I couldn't attend the event, because of my study obligations. The PR representative was very kind and sent me the new Effaclar Duo + product. Of course, I was very happy about that. I had reviewed two of La Roche-Posay products on my blog here, before. After trying the Effaclar Duo, I got a hold of the whole sized product and loved using it, when I started getting breakouts. I didn't even know that they also made a newer version. 


The main difference between the previous and newer version is that Effaclar Duo + also helps preventing permanent damages on the skin, like red and dark spots. Those with acne prone skin, now what I mean. As the previous version, this one also helps to prevent clogged pores, which means preventing breakouts. 

The innovative ingredients in this product is Procerad, a patented ceramide which helps to protect against the appearance of red and brown marks. The product says that after 24 hours the imperfections look visibly less red, after 8 days localised imperfections appear significantly reduced, after 4 weeks pores look unclogged, skin texture looks refined and it controls the appearance of shine. 


The new texture is a gel-cream, which promises 24 hydration and lasting mattifying effect, non sticky, non oily finish. It's also an excellent makeup base. 

This product couldn't have come in a better time. I was just having some nasty breakouts, probably because of the studying and exams. I've been using it for one week and I believe I already see some of the results. My skin got cleared after one week, no breakouts anymore. Which probably means unclogged pores as well. I love the texture, which is white, a lot more creamier than the previous version. The previous was very much like a transparent gel. I also like the feeling better. The new version feels more like a regular cream and feels a lot more soothing. As many of you now, I have pretty sensitive skin and the new version reacted good to my skin. No red spots or itchiness. I like that a lot, because the previous version was a lot more irritating for my skin. This one is definitely better for sensitive skin.


Here you can see the difference in the color and texture. The new version still glides on like dream and it has a certain gel texture to it, but feels a lot more like cream. I would dare to say that it's also a bit more moisturizing. It soaks into the skin very quickly. I still believe that it's a great makeup base, as it was the older version. It leaves this a bit sticky surface, which is perfect for makeup, so that it adheres to the skin better. I don't need an extra moisturizer on top of it, because my skin is combination to oily. For a really dry skin, this on itself, may not be enough. It's definitely not oily. The smell is very fresh citrus like.

Left: Effaclar Duo, Right: Effaclar Duo +
Left: Effaclar Duo, Right: Effaclar Duo +
As far as the applications goes some say that this is too much for the entire surface of the skin, especially if you don't have horrible breakouts or acne. You can just use it on the certain parts. If you have bigger problems, than you can use it all over the skin. I used it on the parts of my face, where I get breakouts like my forehead and around the cheek area. I've heard that this new version is also more suitable to use all over the skin, not just on the certain areas. But you'll figure out what works best for you.

To conclude my impressions of Effaclar Duo +, I can say that I really like it, better than the older version, especially because of the new texture, which feels a lot more soothing on my skin and is more appropriate for my sensitive skin. I don't have acne or huge skin problems, but when I do get breakouts, I love this sort of product. It definitely helped me clear the skin in one week, which is great. 

Here are also some photos from the event, that I didn't attend, but wanted to share some of the other bloggers that were there. 

La Roche-Posay team and skin experts
Slovenian bloggers
I believe this is PR team

* This product was send to me.

10 comments

  1. Očitno bom mogla sprobat :) Sem mela staro verzijo in mi ni bila nič posebnega, šel mi je na živce vonj in filing, ki ga je pustil na koži, tako da ga nisem kupila ponovno. Ta pa izgleda bolj kot nekaj, kar bi mi bilo všeč :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vonj je skoraj enak, tekstura pa je bolj kremasta. Če imaš bolj suho kožo je definitivno ta verzija boljša:)

      Delete
  2. Nekaj takega pa bi si jaz tudi mogla omislit.. Sam ponavadi mi ničkaj ne pomaga ravno :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja včasih je fajn kaj met, ko imaš napade:) Ja težko je najti. Moraš po navadi pač probat, ker itak vsakemu drugo funkcionira:)

      Delete
    2. Ja samo to sprobavanje je dokaj mučno :)) Ker meni navadno kaka zadeva pomaga.. Te se pa nekaj zgodi, pa neha pomagat :( ahhh well .. :D Mogoče pa enkrat najdem nekaj čudežnega :)

      Delete
    3. Ja saj to meni tudi včasih. Pa nekaj čudežnega, da ne bi nikoli več dobila mozoljev...težko:) Če pa najdeš mi definitivno javi;):D

      Delete
    4. Mja včasih se počutim, kot da sem spet v puberteti :( ne bi zdaj že morali izginiti?!?! anyway.. če najdem kaj vsekakor javim :))

      Delete
    5. V puberteti boš celo življenje, na žalost:))

      Delete
  3. I love it,it has helped me with blemishes and dark spots. Check out my review here

    http://alittlelesscomplicated.net/tested-la-roche-posay-effaclar-duo/

    ReplyDelete