Roses on my nails

Hey Beauties!

The flowers are blooming, the sun is getting warmer and the birds are singing. It's finally spring time. One of my favorite flowers are roses and I wanted to try to transfer them on my nails. You decide how successful I was in it, but I think it actually came out nice. I love how colorful my nails look and I wish I had a shirt like this, haha :).


First, do apologize me for my extremely dry hands, I didn't want to put a lot of hand cream on, because then my manicure wouldn't adhere to the nails as I would like. So, bare with me ;).

I started with a white nail polish as a base, to really make the other colors pop. Then I used a sheer pink nail polish with slight gold shimmer in it and made a few blobs in a shape of roses outline. After that I used a bit more pigmented pink nail polish and made the inner blobs, leaving some outline of the former nail polish. 


After that I used a medium toned red pink nail polish and repeated with smaller curved lines on the inside. Again going in with even darker, really dark red nail polish, creating a few dots on the very inner part of the rose. I finished the roses with white nail polish. I added curved lines on the outer part of the rose as a highlights. The result is a rose with darker inner parts (where the light hits less) and lighter outer parts (where the light hits more). It gives the roses more dimension.


After that I used light green nail polish and created little leaves to really get a multi-colored look. I really like how the green brings this design to life. I finished it with a top coat.


For the drawing part I used brush that came with a nail polish for the first two nail polishes. Going in with the medium pink I used toothpick for more precision. As I did for all the next steps including the green leaves.

The list of used nail polishes: S-he in Wow!, S-he in Aqua Shine, Maybelline Colorama in 77, Catrice in 360 Raspberry Fields Forever, Maybelline Colorama in 261, iQ Colour Flash in 16 and Essie All in one base.


Here's the finished result. Would you wear anything like that?



28 comments

  1. So beautiful, great job! I want to try this out well :D
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to get you to do my nails :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute! I could see doing it on one or two nails, I'd never have the patience to do them all! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:)) Yes, it takes time. But if you have nothing better to do, it's a way of spending the time:)

      Delete
  4. Wow beautiful nails! Love the color combination. I would never be able to be steady enough for that!

    Would appreciate if you checked out my blog
    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, kok so lepiiii :) i am in love with your nails <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ko sem na hitro pogledala prvo sliko sem mislila, da imaš nalepko na nohtih :D. Zelo lepa manikura..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe:) Oh, hvala, to pa je potem pohvala, če bi lahko bile kar nalepke:))

      Delete
  7. Love it, popolni za pomlad <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Hvala:)) Preizkusi, saj ni nekaj težko;) Samo časovno dolgo traja:)

      Delete
  9. krasno ti je uspelo!<3 super za pomlad. :) sama bi tudi sprobala to, samo sem preveč štorasta za kaj takega. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala:)) Pa saj ta dizajn bi izgledal dobro tudi z packami različnih lakov;) Bi bile pa pač bolj abstraktne vrtnice:D

      Delete
  10. I'm almost 100% sure I don't have to skill to recreate this, but it sure is stunning! Looove it!!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:)) I'm sure it wouldn't be that bad if you tried;)

      Delete