Classic Smoky Eye Turns Glossy

Something a bit different today and a bit away from my usual light looks. I wanted to create a classic black smoky eye, but then I turned it into a glossy smoky eye at the end. First version is wearable, at least for special occasions, the second one may not be so much, but I loved how it looks.


I started my eye makeup with eye primer and bone colored matte shade all over the lid. I always define my crease with a light matte brown first, to make other shades blend easier. Then I added a darker neutral matte brown. I also wanted to put a bit warmer matte burgundy shade into the crease, to blend it well with red lipstick that I paired this look with.


Then I added matte black shade on the mobile lid part and I went back with the burgundy shade to blend these two together. To make my lash line darker, I added soft black pencil as an eyeliner and blended it out with a pencil brush. I also tightlined to make my lashes appear even darker. I used the same matte shades around the lower lash line, but skipped the black pencil. It can sometimes make my eyes smaller and I wanted to avoid that. I also applied a light coat of mascara.


For this look I used natural looking false eyelashes that gave me more volume and length. I also added shimmery champagne gold highlighter on the inner corners. 



On my face I used foundation, concealer and a bit of powder. Be sure to conceal under the eyes, because you don't want that fallen eyeshadow to give you dark circles. I also warmed up my face with bronzer and added shimmery highlighter. For the blush I used light mauve shade.


On my lips I firstly applied matte mauve lipstick and then went over it with a creamier dark red shade. I wanted this particular warm dark red, but I needed a colorful base, because this one on its own is not as opaque. Matte liquid lipstick in dark red shades would work great with this look.



I've been seeing glossy lids in editorials and I really wanted to try it out. I took glossy cream and applied it on the center of the lid. You could essentially use thicker transparent lip gloss. Obviously this is not a wearable look to wear on daily basis, because the gloss messes up eyeshadow. It's more of an editorial look for fashion shoots, but I loved how grungy and undone this looked. 






I almost never wear such dark smoky eyes, because to be honest, I don't have an occasion to wear it to. I'm not exactly party type. But I know some that swear by these classic smoky eyes. I loved it glossier even better, because it looked so different. Unfortunately it's not wearable otherwise I would rock it for sure.

What do you think about this look? Do you ever wear black smoky eye and would you wear the glossy version?

Products used
Face:
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation 51
Catrice Liquid Camouflage Concealer 005 
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder 001
Kiko Flawless Fusion Bronzer Powder 01
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Moonstone
Trend It Up Powder Blusher 050

Eyes:
Avon Ideal Flawless Eye Primer
Zoeva Caramel Melange - Wax Paper
Zoeva Caramel Melange - Universal Delight
Zoeva Caramel Melange - Finish Sensual
theBalm Nude'tude - Sexy
Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar - Licorice
Nabla Eyeliner Bombay Black
Cherie Lashes - Extra Lovely
Duo Adhesive Transparent
Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara Black
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hours Cream Skin Protectant

Lips:
Make Up Factory Mat Lip Fluid - 61 Velvet Rosewood
Avon 3D Plumping Lipstick - Revenge

4 comments

  1. Glossy lids so full popularne zafnje čase. Meni sta obe verziji zelo všeč. Smoky eye ti full psše in bi ga kamot lahko dnevno nosila :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaz tudi vsepovsod vidim različne variacije. Tudi tiste z bolj nude odtenki so zanimive :). Hvala :). Nekako mi je preveč za čez dan. Sem bolj navajena mojih nude tonov.

      Delete
  2. Smokey eye ti zelo paše. Komot bi ga lahko večkrat nosila, tudi če nimaš "posebne" priložnosti :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala :) Res je. Nekako se nisem navajena s tako temnimi odtenki. Vem, da je to pri enih dnevni look :D.

      Delete