Review: MAC High Tea lipstick (Lustre finish)

Hey Beauties!

I am one of those who loves to try all those infamous brands, if I get a chance and if I have the money of course. Which all of you who are students know that you never have enough money. But I seized the opportunity to try two MAC products. I have a cousin in Germany and when she was here I asked her to buy me those products and send it to me. I also bough MAC Studio Finish concealer, but I'll do a separate post about it.

Now let's see if the hype is worth it.


I wanted to buy a shade of lipstick that was wearable and preferably in the nude family. As you may see me with red lipsticks on my blog, I still like the most neutral non maintenance lipsticks. After some googling I decided to buy High Tea.

The packaging is black with little silver shimmer. The top clicks when you put it on and I think it's pretty safe to have it in your bag. Lipstick contains 3 grams of product and it cost me 19.50 €. Extremely expensive for my taste.


It's a Lustre finish. Mac has a few finishes and I chose the Lustre, because it is a sheer coverage with a sheen. It feels very moisturizing and it looks very wet or glossy.

The shade is warm toned nude color. It has an orange undertone and a gold sheen. Lipstick contains very small shimmer, which I can't decided if it's gold, silver or both. It has a very faint vanilla smell. I think the shade is a really nice nude color for me. Since warm toned lipsticks look better on me, I think this can be my everyday shade.




I have to admit the feeling on my lips is incredible. I wanted to like it and I am happy to say that to me this lipstick does fulfill my requirements for such an expensive lipstick. It feels like you are literally not wearing anything on your lips. It's not sticky or greasy in any way. It feels moisturizing, never dries my lips out and feels almost soothing on the lips. Of course the shade doesn't last a long time, because of the finish, you need to reapply it. It also doesn't taste bad as some of the lipsticks do. I would say perfect formula for those who have tendency to get their lips dry, a lot.


To conclude I really like the nude shade and Lustre finish. I recommend it, since it does feels very moisturizing and wears really nicely. It is very expensive for my taste, but if you want one of those lipstick that will be your staple and a bit better formula, then I highly recommend.


18 comments

  1. ta šminka na tebi zelo lepo zgleda :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ti paše, čeprav mene tak odtenek ne bi pritegnil v trgovini.. Tudi jaz dobro premilim, ko vidim tako ceno pri šminki, ampak za tele 'zaobljene' Macove, mi ni škoda dat toliko, ker so res super :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaz tudi nisem vedela kaj naj pričakujem. Pa so res nekako vredne cene, sploh če imaš tak odtenek, ki ga res nosiš:)

      Delete
  3. the lustre is my favorite MAC finish! I've taken this one in and out of my cart many times! I wasn't sure about the shade, but it looks so great on you! Next time I'm shopping for MAC, I'll pick up one of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know what to expect, but it really is a nice shade:) I'm sure it would suit you;) And I agree, I love this finish!:))

      Delete
  4. Res ti paše tale odtenek ja, se pa strinjam z Aido, da bi tud sama verjetno spregledala tale odtenek. Se pa že veselim ocene concealerja :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala:)) Saj, vsak ima svoj okus in vsak najbolj ve kaj mu pristaja:) Ga še preizkušam, tako da pride objava malo kasneje;)

      Delete
  5. Res zgleda popolno na tebi, čeprav joj, cena (za nude šminko) kar boli. :D
    ♥, moonchild beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala:) Se strinjam, meni je tudi zelo draga:) Ampak je pa formula res dobra:)

      Delete
  6. Zanimiv odtenek, se ti full lepo zlije s poltjo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zelo ti paše, čeprav se mi tudi meni zdi precej pretirana cena :) moram reči, da si izbrala super odtenek!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prav isti odtenek sem imela, pa sem šminko dala mami, ker mi na mojih ustnicah ni bil všeč :)
    Tebi zelooo paše :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Res ti zelo paše, ampak kot so že punce zgoraj rekle, mene verjetno v trgovini tudi ne bi pritegnil, če bi ga swatchala. Ka se tiče nude odtenkov, sem najbolj neodločna glede nakupa. Prej bi kupila rdeč šminko kot nude. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe:) Ja saj rdeča veliko več pokaže:) Ampak jaz še vedno najraje nosim nude:)

      Delete
  10. Joj sam barva je pa nora :)


    www.blogvivalavida.com

    ReplyDelete