Review: Essence Metal Shock Eyeshadow - 02 Stars & Stories

I am all for glittery and shimmery eyeshadows and when I first swatched this one in the store, I knew I had to get it. I've said in my review of Catrice Liquid Metal Longlasting Cream Eyeshadow in 020 Champagne Shower that I really wish they'd make this version with glitter in it. I guess that's what they tried to do with these new Essence Metal Shock Eyeshadows (or at least with some). The glitter is much more visible here. 


Essence Metal Shock Eyeshadows come in a plastic transparent lip gloss like packaging with a black plastic top and silver details. In it is 3.5 ml of products and it costs 3.79€.


It has that fluffy lip gloss applicator which looks like a cone shape from the sides. It's diagonally cut. With one coat you can coat your entire lid and it applies eyeshadow softly and fairly evenly


The texture of it is creamy and quite spreadable. It almost feels like a moussy texture

If you apply it heavily, you get a very opaque metallic finish. You can also blend it out and it looks like a metallic base with more pronounced shimmer or small glitter. If you apply it very sheer, you get mostly glitters and just a bit of that metallic sheen. The pigmentation is in general great

It has an artificial scent to it, but you don't notice it once it's on the lid.

The color 02 Stars & Stories is a cool toned taupe based purple with silver glitter. In the packaging it looks like a warmer mix of brown and purple, but on the lid it looks very cool toned, because it has strong silver glitter and shimmer in it which gives it that cool sheen. The base looks like a taupe tinted purple. 

You can chose among 7 different shades, although some don't have as much glitter in them. Mostly they are more metallic than shimmery. 


Once this dries down, it doesn't move. It didn't even crease on me and it stayed on for the whole day perfectly, so it's very long lasting - but not water proof at all. There is also no glitter fallout.


Here you can see how it looks like applied really heavily. You can definitely get that opaque metallic shimmery look. I'm afraid my photos don't do it justice. This sparkles so pretty in person that the camera just doesn't catch its true beauty.






I almost prefer to wear it applied lightly. I usually put it on the back of my hand and use my fingers to apply it on the lid. I also sheer it out, so that I get a lot of glittery particles and it looks much more shimmery and less metallic. Obviously you can also put this on top of other shadows to add glitter. I did that a lot too.

On this photo I applied it very sheer on the lid and then I also applied it as an opaque metallic liner on top of black eyeshadow liner. Just to give you an idea how this can look different depending on how you apply it. It also works as a shimmery inner highlight. 






I have been wearing it a lot ever since I got it, which means I really like it. I've wanted a cheaper brands to come out with some glittery or shimmery eyeshadows that look pigmented and don't have a fallout and this is just that. It's like a less shimmery affordable choice for Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadows. It applied lovely, you can choose how metallic or shimmery you want it to look, it lasts all day and doesn't move. I am particularly in love with this shade, because it has a stronger shimmer or glitter to it. If this was a regular metallic eyeshadow, I wouldn't care for it. It just looks really luxurious on the lid with very little effort. Essence definitely did it with these and I highly recommend you to get this shade, if you like glittery and shimmery eyeshadows that don't move or loose intensity. 

5 comments

  1. Če imaš rada bleščice, potem ti bo zagotovo všeč :). Jaz sem v večnem iskanju česa super bleščečega za oči :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is gorgeous! For the price I have to try it!

    Carolina's Makeup Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, looks so pretty. Definitely worth the price :).

      Delete
  3. Just bought this and I already love it ;_; It's so pretty. I was kind of wary cause I have tan skin, so I don't if it would look good on my skin tone. It was definitely worth the money cause it looks so pretty. Thanks a lot for this review! I wouldn't have bought it if it weren't for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you like it. <3 It's always nice to recommend products that really work. If they're affordable, it's even nicer :).

      Delete