Review: Essence Longlasting Eye Pencil - 29 Berry Fantastic

This fall I had a vision of deep red eyeliner and I took a look in our drugstores first. When I saw a deep burgundy colored pencil by Essence I was ecstatic. At home, I realize the pen inside is not as red as I would have like it to be. It was more purple. After my disappointment wore off, I actually tried it on the eyes and realized it's not that bad. The color isn't what I expected it to be, but it's a lovely deep purple shade perfect for fall. 


It comes in a plastic burgundy packaging with white writing. The pen is automatic, you just swirl the bottom of it and it comes out.

In it is 0.28 grams of product and it costs 1.59€.



At first it has a sharp point which becomes thicker as you as you use it up. I would like at least a plastic sharpener for these automatic pencils, but sadly there is none. Keep in mind that you can't get the most precise line by just using the pen on its own. 

I usually roughly apply it on the lid and then use a small angled liner brush to draw a more precise line or a wing. Pencil can also look kind of patchy and thick once you press it on the skin, so it's nice to even it out with a brush. 


Shade 29 Berry Fantastic is a warm dark purple shade with red undertone. I expected it to be more red toned based on the packaging of it, but it looks a lot more purple on the skin, especially if you apply more layers. The shade is actually perfect for fall.


Texture is creamy and kind of thicker in a way, but not greasy at all. If you apply it as it is, you get a more uneven application. Because it's so creamy, it's great for smudging out and doing smoky eye with it. The more layers you apply, the darker and thicker it looks. As I've said before, I think it's best to apply it on the lid and then blend it out with a brush. That way you get the smoothest and most even application. Pigmentation is actually great.

Even though the formula is creamy, it doesn't transfer once it sets on the lid or you smooth it out with a brush. It stays put through the whole day and is actually very long lasting

Here I used it in a slight winged out option and I love colorful version of the usual black line. It's perfect for fall and it compliments many eye colors. This would look even better with green eyes. 


Colourpop Super Shock Shadow - Moonwalk

Essence LE Coast 'n' chill Velvet Matt Liquid Lipstick - 02 Smooth & Groove


This is a creamy pen formula that isn't too greasy nor so dry that it would pull on the skin. It's a no sharp pencil, so it's not the most precise, but if you use with a brush, you can get a very even application. It's great for smudging out or building up the color and making it darker. It's also very long lasting. The color is perfect for fall, a warm redish purple. 

8 comments

  1. Wow at first I thought this was a lip liner ahaha! I used to collect these eye pencils, and I don't have this color yet! Need to buy it xx

    Carolina's Makeup Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it could be :D. That's a really good one for this fall season. ;)
      xx

      Delete
    2. Burgundy is a very difficult color to find in an eyeliner pencil, but I want to try it on my green eyes.
      I just don't want to look like I have conjunctivitis.
      What do you think about using deep brown liner on the top lids, and burgundy very close to the lower lashline?

      Delete
    3. Yes, very rare to find. I think it would look absolutely gorgeous on your green eyes :).
      It could work on lower lash line too, I personally would still put a bit of brown shadow right underneath the burgundy liner. And maybe use nude liner in the waterline to not make your whole eyes look too red.

      Delete
  2. No, tukaj se pridružujem Carolini - tudi jaz sem mislila, da je lip liner, hihi. Super izgleda na očeh!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bi res lahko bil :D. Izgleda boljše kot sem pričakovala. Hvala :)
      xx

      Delete
    2. I'm going to do it - thank you for the suggestions!

      Delete
  3. Već godinama koristim te olovke, najbolje su!

    ReplyDelete